Tuesday, July 14, 2020

author 's interview

1-Your contribution to Indian literature is great. What should we do to engage young generation in the literature ?
Perhaps, the best way to write for the younger generation is to write the way they would wish to read. 
If you observe carefully, there has already been a shift in the trend. During my childhood/teenage days, we would be flooded with moralistic stories. There was no fun part attached to it. Things had to be done in a certain way. There was no scope for adventure at all.
However, when we write today, though we do carry a message in the story, but it’s well hidden. We take care of the curiosity in the mind when it’s a child who is reading. When we write for teenagers, again we realise what are the sources of joy available to these kids and then come up with a subtle message.
2-What according to you is the most important thing in our life.?
According to me, the most important thing in life is to develop self-confidence and choose a path which will lead you to a long-term happiness. You have to explore your mind to understand what the word “Happiness” means to you, for it could mean different things to different individuals.
3-Who is your favourite author?
I have had several favourites during my life time. Among international writers, I’ve loved Erich Segal the most, but I have also enjoyed authors such as Pearl Buck, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare etc. Among Indian authors, I’ve loved Rabindra Nath Tagore and Premchand. In poetry, I find Gulzar amazing.  

4-What will be your advice for the aspiring writers? 
The budding writers have to understand that they have to read a lot to be able to write well. Also, they have to have either a good experience, excellent knowledge on the subject of their choice or a wonderful imagination. They have to write convincingly; their language should be lucid and they have to feel what they write. Lack of any of the three becomes evident in their writings and the reader is sharp enough to find those faults. 
5-When did you decide that you want to become an author?
Actually, I didn’t decide at all to be an author. It came naturally. The flow of the stream of thoughts and emotions in my mind would compel me to write poetry. Later, I narrated stories imagined by me to my daughter. Finally, in 2008, I wrote my first two stories and sent them for publishing to reputed magazines and the acceptance of these stories marked a beginning of my journey as an author.
Several awards and good reviews by readers, made me continue. 
6-In this era of technology., how can we inculcate reading habits in children? 
Parents play a very important role in developing reading habits of their children. If nice colourful books are shown to them right from the beginning, and the stories are read out to them, I am sure that they will develop an interest. After all, books are the best company one could have.
Besides this, we can use technology itself to inculcate reading habits. For example, we could come up with a lovely animated teaser of a book, which should be so interesting that the children develop the desire to read it further. 

7-How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
Hahaha. I really don’t have a count. I must be having 7-8 unpublished books and at least 3-4 half-finished books on my laptop. I actually didn’t publish anything for a year due to lack of time. But I am more determined to publish at least four books a year.

8-What is your favourite genre?
Oh! I can write in any genre (except non-fiction) and when I am writing in that genre, I get so dissolved in my work, that that genre becomes my favourite. As on date, short stories for youth is my favourite genre, since my book “Lines of Fate” is primarily for the youth. However, even the others can relate to the stories, as they are so common place. The twists and turns in every story are going to engross the reader.


9-What are you writing these days?
I am busy working with a poetry collection in Hindi, about to be published and released soon.


10-Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Each of my book stands on its own and is a masterpiece in itself. At present, I am not writing a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

predict using nakshatras padas

QOTD: Do you believe in astrology?  In our country where many people do not start their day without reading their zodiac sign, a...