Saturday, January 18, 2020





Vrinda, like her name, is pure by heart and intentions. From the doors of the lower-middle strata, Vrinda stands tall today with her debut novel, “Murky Girl” and second novel which is recently released, "5 Minutes". A technocrat at a reputed MNC, a speaker, a writer and an ardent reader, Vrinda believes in exploring a bit of her every day. Hello ma'am. 

Q. Which is your favourite genre?

My favourite genre is thriller and suspense. 

Q. What inspired you to become a writer?

The urge to combat the surge of crimes against women, makes me passionate about writing. I am a writer by blood and believe in curbing injustice by non- violent methods, one of which is writing. 

Q. That's true, who is your favourite character in your book, "5 Minutes"?

My favourite character in the novel is Shahid, who is neither a charming prince nor a chocolate boy, yet holds the power to captivate you by his selfless attitude. Owing to his nature, he gives a new hope to the entire anecdote. 

Q. I do agree with this. What is your take on feminity?

In my understanding there is a tremendous dissent and vehement disagreement today among people around the world about the status and importance of gender equality which needs to be addressed in most creative ways. One of them is writing. With the descend of no of readers due to visual enhancements, there is a stringent need to be more creative to make book lovers proud of their choices, bestowing them a chance to give wings to their visualisations. Personal opinions matters a lot and need to be strengthen by encouraging reading and innovations. 

Q.Your both books are women centric. What is the core intention? 

Since childhood, I have witnessed women sufferings in different forms. Addressing and laying stress on women, I don’t mean to offend men or generalise that only woman are tormented. But India, being a patriarchal country, gives us the benefit of doubt that mostly women suffer. "5 minutes" and "Murky Girl" are not woman centric novels but a mirror of the stance of woman in the society. 

Q. What is love according to you?

Love, according to me is sacrifice. There is a thin line between love and lust, which we often tend to mix. We generally evolve in love and dissolve in lust. Obsession and Possessions are beyond the periphery of love, which we often forget to contemplate .

Q. Beautiful, you are an entrepreneur, writer and a technocrat. How do you manage all the roles?

It is indeed a very challenging and mind boggling task. However, the support of a strong mother, often comes to my rescue. I have been putting myself in such challenging roles to bring the best out of me. The current slowing down economy of the country, compels me to walk out of my comfort shell and create opportunities for my fellow countrymen and women. This inspires me to work relentlessly in an entrepreneurial environment. Technology, if used in the right way, has the power to discover life. The ignition to make the best use of it, keeps me on my toes and makes me a technocrat. As far as writing is concerned, this is my passion and something I can’t keep away with, be it any reason. 

Q. You are really inspiring. Who/what is your strength?

My strength is my family and most importantly, my mother. She is an ocean of inspiration and goddess in disguise. I feel empowered when I am surrounded by strong and bold women, who show courage upfront and are ready to fight any predicament. 

Q. Are you currently working on any other book? 

Yes currently I am writing about that vulnerable section of the society, which needs immediate attention. It again exposes the ugly truth of the society in the most pragmatic and innovative way. A more info on it would be a spoiler. 

Q. What keeps you motivated in the moment of distress?

I am often, vexed by the way woman and man are treated at times. It makes me wonder, Are we the most intellectual creation of God? I usually maintain my calm by practising yoga and spending quality time with my loved ones. Being into so many roles at the same time, robs me of my time, still I ensure to keep my loved ones around who are kind enough to bear up with my hectic work schedule.
Am so glad to have this amazing conversation with you. Thanks, for sharing your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

predict using nakshatras padas

QOTD: Do you believe in astrology?  In our country where many people do not start their day without reading their zodiac sign, a...